We are always interested to receive great CVs at email@example.com, no agencies.
Job Title: 2nd Line Support Engineer
Salary: £25k - £30k DOE
Benefits: Private Healthcare (BUPA) after 12 months, Free on-site parking space, Start at 21 days holiday + Birthday off + Bank Holidays, Bonuses paid for self-study Microsoft training.
Hours: 09:00 to 17:30, Monday to Friday (1 hour for lunch)
You will be working within the support team, providing 2nd line and some 3rd line levels of service to a very diverse customer base. You will work on a wide range of tasks across a variety of different technologies – cloud based, software, hardware, VoIP telephony, networking, and Wi-Fi. The role includes a variety of office based work, customer site visits, helpdesk and installs/projects.
We are a Microsoft Gold Partner and strive to maintain an exceptionally high level of customer service and support. Our customer base is primarily SME sized (2 to 150 users), but across a wide variety of different industries, with differing setups and requirements. Most are within the Poole/Bournemouth and surrounding areas within a 20-30 miles radius, but some occasional travel to further sites may be required.
A full driving license is essential - a shared company van is provided for a majority of journeys, but you should also be willing to use your own car when necessary. Due to insurance restrictions the van is only available for drivers 25+ years old.
- Providing primarily 2nd line (working towards 3rd line) support and services to a wide range of clients, partaking in a busy environment.
- Take ownership of problems through to resolution or escalate when necessary.
- Manage your own ticket queue efficiently, and work as part of a team to ensure all customers receive an excellent response time and service.
- Implementation, administration and troubleshooting of customer cloud-based services - particularly Microsoft 365 based services.
- Troubleshoot hardware, software, network, wireless and broadband problems - diagnosing and solving. Both remotely and on customer sites.
- Installation and configuration of router/firewall devices and wireless networks, including basic VLAN knowledge.
- On-site installation and configuration of PCs and laptops.
- Implementation, Administration and troubleshooting of customer on-premise servers - including Active Directory, Hyper-V, SQL Server and backups.
- Carry out occasional small network cabling installations (CAT5e/CAT6) and repairs to a high standard (including safe use of power tools when required).
- Liaising with third party hardware and software vendors for support when required.
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with customers and other professionals.
The Ideal Candidate:
You should be self-motivated and experienced support engineer, who is keen to learn and advance your technical knowledge. You should be able to work on your own (sometimes under pressure for time or technical issues), but also as an important part of a small, friendly, team of engineers and office staff, The role is customer facing and representative of the Company, so your customer facing and liaison skills must be exceptional.
- 2 years minimum IT support experience dealing with multiple clients and/or sites. Preferably in a similar MSP environment.
- Good understanding and support experience of Microsoft 365, Windows Server 2012-2019, Active Directory, Windows 10, IP Networking, Firewalls, Broadband.
- Full driving license and own vehicle.
- Experience of hardware from Dell, Draytek and Ubiquiti.
- Experience with VoIP technology.
To apply for the role or to find out more, please email your CV and/or enquiry to firstname.lastname@example.org.